background

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Who is the real Gift-Giver?

With Christmas getting close, there are all these commercials for various toys on TV. CJ sees at least 2 things everyday that he gets really excited about and tells me that he "needs" whatever it was that he saw at that particular moment.

The other day he said, "Mommy, can I have that for Christmas?" I told him the standard answer, "maybe". I don't want to promise anything since I may forget what it was that he wanted but he will remember-ALWAYS. After he heard me say, "maybe", he said, "Maybe I'll ask Jesus for that for Christmas". He then said a real quiet prayer, "Dear Jesus....". Clark and I have tried to help him understand the real meaning of Christmas as well as who the ultimate Gift-Giver is...I am so proud of him for putting two and two together...gifts and Jesus' birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it... You have done a wonderful job teaching your children about Jesus! Tell CJ that Grammy likes to give gifts too and he should make me a list for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed