background

Friday, September 25, 2009

This is why we call him "Monkey"!

Clark and I don't seem to remember CJ ever climbing on top of things near as much as our "monkey" Marky! I remember having to watch CJ quite a bit, but I do remember being able to go out of the room for more than a few minutes and know that he was not climbing up the walls. Mark is a completely different story.

I was giving Mark and Peyton a bath while Clark was outside letting CJ drive his little truck. I got Mark out of the bath and thought I could let him loose for a few minutes while I finished with Peyton. Well, letting him loose was just not in the cards for Mark. After letting him down from the bed, I went to get Peyton and start to dry him off. I laid Peyton on the bed because Mark was pretty quite so I knew that he was up to something. It had only been maybe 30 seconds. I went into the living room and found him on top of the entertainment center beating on the TV screen.
I calmly got him down and went back to Peyton.
Another 30 seconds passed and I thought I better go check on him again. I found him in Peyton's cradle turning the mobile on and off. Again, I got him out and went back to Peyton because I still had not finished lathering him up with lotion! A few minutes later I heard Mark in the kitchen but I wasn't sure what he was doing. You would think the child was starving but clearly, he's no where near hungry-he's a bit on the hefty side but this is how I found him. On a chair, looking in the fridge for anything edible.



Who knows what happened to the diaper! Again, I got him down and out of the fridge and went back to Peyton for the third time. I guess Mark thought that downstairs was not the place to be and that if he really wanted some free time he better go upstairs. Well, this time I finished with Peyton and couldn't find Mark so I went upstairs. I looked in all the rooms and couldn't find him. Then I heard something coming from his bathroom. He had climbed up on the counter and was sitting very cozily in his sink chewing on his toothbrush
[I didn't have my camera upstairs, sorry!]-I guess the leftover, dried up toothpaste tasted good.
By now, those that are following this blog know there is a common issue that we all have in this house...we are suckers for sweet things! Edible or not so edible!
So...this is why we call him "monkey"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed