background

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Don't say it, if you don't mean it!

A little piece of our CJ's "sweet"heart!

Most days, I get through the day by staying on CJ's good side...as if he is giving me some sort of grade throughout the day. Its not what I try to do for sure since he has to be disciplined and I have to say "no" when I think he's out of line.


Yesterday he wanted M&M's at 9:00 in the morning and although I could probably eat M&M's at any time too, I didn't think a snack like this was necessary until maybe after lunch. He got pretty upset with me and said, "Mommy, you're a mean mommy." Of course, I didn't take it to heart.

Then later in the day, it was nap time and well he didn't like that either but this time it was, "Mommy, you're a bad mommy." I didn't take this to heart either. As I made him lay down for his nap I told him that the things he had been saying throughout the day were not very nice and that he shouldn't say things he doesn't mean. We've all been accused of that so better now to start teaching him not to do it. He didn't say anything but he sort of stroked my cheek and I knew he was sorry.

After his 2 hour nap he woke up and wanted to eat something "sugary" and I told him it was too close to dinner and he didn't like that either but he didn't say anything he didn't mean this time. He pouted for a bit then said he wanted "one of those turkey sandwiches with that, that good crust." I knew he wanted a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich and I agreed that would be a good dinner so he helped me make it and as he sat down to eat it, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, you're a real good mommy. Do you know that?" He's learned well, since every time I really want him to know and remember something that I have praised him for, I always ask him, "Do you know that?" An A+ at the end of the day from my "sweet"heart!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. You are going to be so glad you wrote these things down!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed