background

Monday, September 21, 2009

Pink Thing?


Tonight I sat down with CJ to eat some ice cream with him-just the two of us after I put Marky and Peyton to bed. I was wearing a t-shirt and CJ asked, "Mommy, what's that pink thing on your shirt for?" I thought, "Hummm how am I supposed to explain this to a 3 year old?"
So I did the best I could because I do want him to know how important it is to our family and to many others.
Me: "This is a pink ribbon for people who have had breast cancer." "You know, Grammy had that but she's better now."
C.J. "What's breast cancer?"
Me: "It's when mommys have had things in their boobies that make them sick".
C.J. "That pink thing is on TV."
Me: "Yes, that's because they have fundraisers to raise money for people who have breast cancer."
C.J. "So they can doctor them?"
Me: "Yes, yes! So they can get better you are right! "
C.J.: "Mommy, I am sooo smart!"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Missy! Somehow I found your blog tonight and I laughed so hard while reading your cookie monster post. I've got some stories like that-yikes!!! Welcome to blogging-it's fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed