background

Monday, September 14, 2009

Proud Mamma

Today was C.J.'s first day of Little Sluggers. This morning I was questioning whether it was really a good idea to start something new since it is difficult to get everyone dressed and ready to go (without chaos) in order to get anywhere on time.
So that I could get dressed, I let Mark play with CJ in his room. After about 15 minutes, CJ came down and in a panic mumbled something about his lamp in his room. Marky managed to break the lightbulb in CJ's lamp and was on top of CJ's table playing with the glass from the lightbulb. Just one of those minor disturbances that seem to happen everyday!
We made it to class on time and I have to say, I am glad that we decided to take part in Little Sluggers. This is a program that teaches the fundamentals of baseball. I guess its the competitiveness I have in sports that made me jump up and holler "Good Job" and "Yeyyyyyy CJ!" while the other mothers sat still on the bench. Sitting quietly on a sideline bench is nothing I have been accustomed to.
CJ did so great, I mean I was ecstatic he did so well and I couldn't tell him enough how proud I was of him. I started to wonder if the other kids were much younger than CJ but when I asked the coach he said they were all 3 years old but the part that brought a huge smile to my face was when the coach said, "Not all kids are natural athletes like CJ and his brothers look like they will follow suit." WOW, I can't imagine when he gets old enough to be on teams...gamedays will be so much FUN!


CJ throwing the ball.



CJ taking over homeplate
and listening to his coach.

Marky and Peyton watching their big brother!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I hope we get to have an athletic boy someday, or just any boy for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only challenge for my boys will be choosing which sports to excel in!!!! Maybe they will all pick something different! What fun....I can't wait! I'll have to learn to control myself so I don't embarrass them with "that's my grandchild!!!"

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed