background

Monday, July 12, 2010

Nursery

I've decided that our nursery will be somewhat of a vintage/Victorian theme with pieces of modern cheetah print as well. It will be a rose pink color! Mom is making the bedding and curtains. The fabrics that we have picked out are soooo pretty!! I can't wait to see it all put together. Mom always does a wonderful job!

Of course, I thought of so many projects that I wanted to do and surprisingly, they're already almost finished.

A few of the decorative items...see caption below.
This was a lamp I found at Hobby Lobby but the base was black. I wanted sort of a pink undertone with antique white so here we go...just sanded it a bit, painted it pink, then white and sanded again. Love how it turned out with the shade put back on! Same thing with the FAITH sign, it was black. The picture frame above was just black so that was easy, painted it white and sanded in a few places to make it look more antique.

More decorative items.
The top picture is a few of items I found, the only one I modified was the lamp the rest came from Hobby Lobby-so many cute things in that store! The bookcase was all brown made of inexpensive material (was in Mark's room but we didn't need it in there anymore)...its sturdy but not real wood. I decided that I would try to paint and stain it and it worked. Then I added the wood appliques at the top and I like how it turned out! The picture of the crib is the one I am ordered and then I will put an antique stain on it too.

Can't wait to see the finished product!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed