background

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bad Veins

Although its all very worth it, lately I have been mesmerized by the effect of successive pregnancies on my legs of all places. I asked my doctor if it was something I was just going to have to deal with and he said well, "For the time being you could wear the lunch lady tights"...and of course I said I would pass on wearing anything binding in this heat and chances are, I probably couldn't make myself wear them in cooler weather simply because it just doesn't feel right to be constricted while "growing"! I stopped crossing my legs years ago because I was afraid of these bad veins but it looks like I didn't stop soon enough!

This is the inside of my right leg...it started out small and is now growing towards the top of my leg to date. Its just gross. If I sit down the blood pooling stops, but as soon as I get up I feel the burning and there they are again.
It starts up much higher than where the pooling can be seen.

The next few pictures are of the outside and back of my right leg.

Although not the best for wearing shorts, I would certainly choose spider and varicose veins over other things brought on by having babies!!! They haven't stopped me from dressing for summer and they won't :) Maybe I'm learning to embrace my bad veins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed