background

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thinking about PINK butterflies

This is how it all started!

Back in January of this year, I started really getting the inkling for a 4th baby. I kept thinking that we should wait until Peyton was a year old. From this blog post (follow link) http://themiller-5.blogspot.com/2010/04/butterflies/html , you can see that my plans were moving faster than we thought. Some of you don't know a few parts of this story because quite frankly, I was afraid to mention for fear my prayers wouldn't be answered so soon. I guess I should have not been relying on my own strength and instead, simply had faith that God has his own plans regardless of what I hoped for. In February, we were standing in church during worship and Pastor Kenny went up to the podium and simply said, "I know there are people here today that have desires of their heart and they're simply afraid to ask. God simply says, 'ask me'."

"For I know the plans I have for you..." Jeremiah 29:11
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desire of your heart." Psalms 37:4

So what did I do, "I prayed for a little girl." I knew that if this was also God's plan, he would grant our desire and if it wasn't then it simply wasn't part of our plan right now. I was told last night that the chances of having a girl after 3 boys was like less than 30%. Throughout the first part of this pregnancy, I had so many people say-even my doctor-"You know this will be another boy." Our boys are simply wonderful and having another would have been just fine with me. Deep down though, I knew that no one else knew God's plans for us despite all scientific ways of thinking.

Fast forward to last week...Clark and I took CJ with us to the sonogram. We sat in the waiting room for quite awhile, just long enough for me to start getting really nervous. I was looking at my phone and started to feel the anxiety rising. I put the phone down and looked outside the window. From the fourth floor, right outside the window was one lonely butterfly flying right in my clear view. Even after all the signs before, this is when I knew we were about to learn some very exciting news for our family. I took a deep breath and just said, "Okay."

Fifteen minutes later we learned that our boys would have a baby sister! We asked CJ what we should name her and he said, "Well, I'll probably call her sissy." He is very excited. Even today he asked me if his sissy would have make-up in her room. Clark had joked with him that his sister would have different things in her room like dolls, dresses, make-up and she would have panties not undies in her room. CJ thought that was pretty funny!

These are a few of the first gifts that I have received for our little girl...thank you Amy and Christie. I'll be posting more about our nursery plans and official name soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! You have been blessed with such a beautiful family and to add an adorable little girl is just the icing on the cake! Bring on the PINK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO excited for you! A girl is a LOT of fun, especially following boys, if I may say so myself! :) Our house looks like pink EXPLODED, but I love it! :) Super cute stuff you've accumulated so far, can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed