background

Monday, June 14, 2010

Mr. Whiney

We're not sure if our Peyton is just spoiled or if he's just getting his molars...

He's been whining day and night-if he has stopped and he sees me, he throws himself on the floor and starts crying. I guess because he wants me to pick him up-I just can't carry this 26 pounder around with me all day. When I sit him down, he whines again. After I have fed him what I think is a sufficient meal, he'll throw his head toward the table, often times hurting himself and just whine for more. If I get him down instead of feed him more, he just throws himself on the floor-hurting himself. I'm convinced he's never full-but he's picky, he won't eat just anything I put in front of him but he'll still get real mad if I don't keep offering food that fits his palette at the time.

Lately, at night he'll wake up at least 1 time, sometimes 3 or 4. We thought that all he wanted was his pacie. So each night, I would traipse upstairs to a child that would stop whining and smile/giggle when he saw me walk in, find his pacie and go back to bed. But, many times as soon as I would get back in bed and almost to sleep, he'd start whining again and I would start the process over again until 6:30/7:00 a.m. Lucky if we get to 7 a.m. Clark and I decided to take the pacie away to see if that solved our problems. The first night it probably took him 2 hours to fall asleep but we didn't have to go upstairs to give him his lost pacie in the middle of the night. We thought we'd hit the jackpot the first few nights. However, at about 5 this morning I hear Peyton wake up so I went upstairs and tried to soothe him. I thought he was back to sleep until 5:30 he starts whining again. This time, I let him whine for quite a bit longer but I always worry he's going to wake Mark up in the room next to him. Until early this morning, I don't think Mark has ever been bothered by the incessant whining. After laying in bed listening to him whine I knew it was getting to be TOO much. Then over Mark's monitor I hear, "Sort, sort, sort my shapes, sort them nice and square...". That was it. Peyton's whining woke Mark up and now Mark was in bed playing with his Shape Sorter. Clark and I both got up and tended to Mark first. While I was getting Mark all settled, Clark went into Peyton's room. He decided he'd just try the pacie since it seemed to not really be source of the whining. Clark said as he gave Peyton the pacie, it was like Peyton had been hit with a tranquilizer dart. The pacie hit his mouth and he went down head first into his maddie! So we still don't know what the answer is to our problem but I am thinking that it must be his molars. The only thing we could think of was to give him some Ibuprofen, Orajel and the pacie. We'll see how he does tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Missy, that sounds exhausting! Kylie has been a little more whiney lately too, she has some bottom teeth coming in and really likes to be held and cuddles a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed