background

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ups and Downs of our V-day

We thoroughly enjoyed our Valentine's Day, for several reasons as you will see...
I woke up early as I usually do on Sunday mornings to watch my Joel Olsteen on Channel 4 at 7:30. I like to have my coffee and sit and listen, BY MYSELF! Sometimes I hear one or more of these toots wake up but I just tell myself that they can wait until 8:00 when I'm good and ready to feed everyone! Usually I can count on Clark staying in bed since he likes to sleep until 8 or so on Sunday and if he's in bed then I know CJ will usually snuggle with him until he's ready to get up...that is, if CJ has already made it down to our bed! This Sunday was no different other than no one woke up early so I had some extra time to finish off their cinnamon rolls with some Valentine's sprinkles and arrange their little "sugar" presents.

The photo below: all my Valentines about to enjoy their breakfast...and yes, Peyton is a real fan of cinnamon rolls. Who's not, really! CJ kindly told me that he would have much rather of had his daddy's extra large Hershey kiss instead of his heart full of M&M's. Oh, I really hope he will start to learn to be grateful for what he is given. We are trying so hard to teach him this.

Not long after we finished breakfast, we were all about to get dressed for church and Marky escaped out of the room. Clark found him eating EVERY one of CJ's M&M's on the kitchen floor. He had his own heart full but I guess he heard that CJ didn't really want his so Mark decided he'd eat them for him!

We'd had a little bit of a crazy morning, we decided to do haircuts and therefore every one had at least two baths. Marky had absolutely no reason to be upset, he'd had a great morning but he just simply didn't want to sit still for pictures. Look at that frown!

...and then, after church it was our plan for Chelsea to come stay with the boys while they napped and we were going to do a late lunch and then go have our massages! We were going to go to Salt Grass but the wait was way too long so we ended up at Christina's. They had this Valentine's Day special that was really great. To top off the meal, the waiter brought us this little shot glass. He explained that since Clark had a margarita and I had a Corona that its the bartender's special to send a shot out to end the meal. Well awesome...if we had known what it was and if it hadn't been in the middle of the day with a teenage couple sitting next to us. So, since we were feeling a little loony from the morning, we decided to make a little fun out of it. Neither one of us actually drank it but after I saw Clark making fun of the situation, I decided that he and I both would make some goofy pictures. By the way, the massage was GREAT afterward. A great Valentine's Day!




1 comment:

  1. You should frame that frown because it is a rarity with little Marky! How proud I am of all my little valentines (and one on the way!). I never dreamed being a grandmother could be so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed