background

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Odds and Ends

Marky and Peyton playing on Thursday after we got home from taking CJ to school.


SHOES
CJ complains every time I start to put on his tennis shoes. He tells me that his shoes don't feel good and his socks have to be just right. If there was such a thing as a seamless sock, that's what CJ would want! I am telling you, everything has to be just right for him to stop griping. I finally decided that generic shoes weren't going to suffice anymore. Early last week I had been planning a little trip to get CJ some new shoes, some that were really padded and ultra comfy. Today, we brought these new babies home. We also bought some new socks, some real soft ones that fit real snug. I guess I really can't blame him, its just hard sometimes when your kids are complaining and you can't feel what it is that they are complaining about. I just figured he was being picky. He put them on tonight after we got home and I think these are going to work!


Let me tell you the new eyeglasses story...

I knew I needed a new rx in my glasses but my frames had really been through a beating too. I started looking at all the "fast" eye glass places like Pearl Vision, Lenscrafters, Eyemasters etc. I had forgotten how expensive glasses were. Even after looking at several places, I still couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I knew I wanted some with lighter brown frames around the eyes, but I also wanted some with a little bit of black...and of course, I wanted some glitz too. Well, what I wanted was going to cost around $400 and I just thought that was insane for a pair of glasses that I wouldn't be wearing everyday all day. I typically wear contacts. Framesdirect.com (based out of Houston) ended up being the answer. I found the coolest pair of glasses, exactly what I wanted for about $15o less than what I would have paid retail. Give Framesdirect.com a try next time you need new glasses! I even have a little coupon that I'd give anyone who needs it:)

2 comments:

  1. love the glasses! And love CJ's shoes. They look like boats on his tiny frame! But I bet they feel great! He'll be running like a mad man now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glasses. I bought, out of desperation and necessity, a pair at Lenscrafters. I don't love them by any stretch of the imagination. I've been thinking I'd start looking around for a pair that I can LOVE...like my last pair, that I had for 10 years. Hmph.

    And I get the whole "this feels weird/funny/hurts." Both Parker and Aliza are very sensitive, even now, to tags, seams, bumps or anything in clothing or shoes or socks that they can "feel." More than once, we've bought, then only wore once, something that feels funny...Hmph again. Good luck!

    PS, the boys are darling, they are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed