background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting Caught Up

The latest around our house starting with King Toot!

CJ continues to be a pretty good boy most days! We are still having issues with him eating much except for PB & J and we are really sticking to our guns when we tell him no dessert unless he eats his dinner. He's starting to realize we are serious. The other day at lunch he ate everything-which was probably PB & J but he did get some dessert...I gave him his piece of chocolate and he held it up with both hands and said, "Ahhh...Chocolate, the spirit within." Isn't that what we all think, where did he get this? I have no idea.

Then today, he came home with a car that was supposed to stay at school. He pulled it out of his pocket and I told him that we do not take things that aren't ours and that he needed to put it in his bag so we could take it back next week. He said, "Well that orange car I took from church a long time ago is still here." Wow, this child has his father's memory because that incident had to be a year ago and yes, we both forgot to take it back to church. He has a ton of cars, how could he remember that darn orange car.

Also, Mr. Toot has been doing well cleaning up his toys but today was a different story. I kept asking him to pick his things up and he ended up at the top of the stairs laying down with his hands on his eyes and said, "Mommy, what are you doing to me?" I just laughed..."I'm trying to get you to listen to me as I ask you clean up all these cars before they go in the T-R-A-S-H!"

Also, he has started to really color in the lines well. He sat right down at school on Tuesday and started to trace the letter "N". See below.


Ready for battle!


The big kisser!


King toot and baby toot, CJ loves to hug his brothers. They are his "precious brothers".

My Middle Toot...
continues to keep me on my toes all day long (today it was the lotion)-thank goodness he takes long afternoon naps. I swear when I go get him from his bed after nap it seems like he's grown and inch every time and not gained a pound. He's starting to thin out a bit but after nap, he eats his dinner like a champ! Anything I give him he'll eat, unless he sees dessert. If Mark sees anything sweet laying out on the counter, he will immediately start panting and then he'll spit out what's in his mouth right away. We've been working on finishing his dinner and his current bite before he has dessert. I am seeing a pattern here...too bad these boys parents have such a sweet tooth.
Mark loves to try and put on anything that is not his, like CJ's pants, his underwear my shoes etc. I'll catch him upstairs in CJ's jammie drawer just having a heyday!
He's doing so much better eating with his spoon-but I have learned to NEVER take the utensil away until he is officially finished! When he comes down from his nap, if he sees a bowl with his dinner in it, he goes nuts. I've started making him a bowl of dinner instead of just putting it on his place mat. We don't hear a word from him until the bowl is empty!
He still tries to test the waters...if I tell him to stop touching something, the minute I turn back around he'll deliberately touch what I don't want him to, with just one finger or just one toe. Just to test me. He was in my lap tonight while I was trying to upload pics on the blog and every time I would move my hand away from the keyboard I would see Mark's big toe creeping up on the keyboard. Little toot!
He's starting to say more words and although its real hard to understand, I am proud of him for trying. He sat with me for a long time today while CJ was at school and we read the book, "I'm a Big Brother" and looked at the word book. I think he liked being alone rocking in the chair with just me.

Side of his head all lotioned up.


Second time around, lotion everywhere. His hair was silky clean after bath tonight.
He came downstairs with his pacie, CJ's hat and CJ's batman jammie pants. It was quite a sight!

He found my boots.


Finally eating his dessert...he was super happy as you can see.



The Baby Toot...
Peyton is doing well after his ear infection. He's happy most of time unless he just doesn't feel well. He's started to really move around, wrestle with his brothers and today he started to push the chairs around in the kitchen. I think he'll be walking soon. I found some good eczema cream that has seemed to helped his uncomfortably rosy cheeks. He's starting to really appreciate his Maddie dog. When he lays his head down on her like CJ and Mark do, he just slowly starts to fall asleep. They are all suckers for softness!

He still loves face to face contact. He'll stay cheek to cheek for as long as I let him.

My little chunky legs talking to the dogs!


All piled up tonight with their daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed