background

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Dr Visit

Clark and I attended our first doctor visit for the new baby yesterday. Because Dr. Turner moved to Tyler, we are seeing Dr. Richard Kaye at Plano Presby who Dr. Turner recommended. We really like him! We spent about 2 hours at the office doing all the preliminary work-visiting with the dr. to get a picture of my history, sonogram, bloodwork etc. The baby looked great, we could see the head and body and heartbeat of course. The room where they do the sonograms has a flat screen TV on the wall. They had a comfy chair in there that Clark got to sit in and watch the sonogram on the TV. It was a nice change of pace. Baby had a good strong heartbeat. They went ahead and calculated me at 8 weeks with a due date of December 14th. I'll be doing Internet Christmas shopping this year for sure! Dr. Kaye is in private practice so my chances of having him deliver our baby are high. This is what I was used to with Dr. Turner and I like knowing that most likely he's on call unless he's out of town.

After the sonogram, Clark and I went into another room where Dr. Kaye was going to do some more tests...but when we got into the office by ourselves, we both looked up at the same time and the picture below is what we saw. 4 butterflies hanging by wire from the ceiling. We just laughed in awe! Sometimes (most of the time) its hard to fathom how blessed we are :)



In my next blog I will put our new family pictures up...I haven't done that since we got them taken a month ago but have been meaning to!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Missy! But let me tell you what I see when I look at the butterflies. The smallest one is purple =) And the other three are boy colors......so I think it is a sign that this one will be a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat is soo true about the purple one!!!! This is so exciting, Im not sure who is more excited about finding out if it is a girl or a boy...me or you!?!?!?!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterfly, butterfly what is your name?
    Will you be different or the same?
    I love you already, it's not just a game,
    Since I'm not really a poet, this sounds rather lame,
    Butterfly, butterfly, into my heart you came.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed