background

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sweet words last night

Its not everyday that I get to sit down and blog and sometimes its a week before I can re-cap. I just put down one of the books that I was reading because I kept thinking about what CJ said last night. At 3 a.m. I heard CJ on the monitor saying, "Come on Marky, I'll help you down." Mark has figured out how to climb up to CJ's bunk despite the fact that there is no ladder because we took it down in an effort to keep Mark off the top bunk. Mark had gotten up in CJ's bed before we all went to sleep so we decided to let him stay since it was bothering CJ. At 3, Mark was sort of whimpering and just disoriented. CJ woke up and was going to head downstairs to our bed and he was trying to help Mark down so that he could come too. Nowadays its not every night that CJ comes down to our bed so when he does in the middle of the night we have started to not object! I got up real fast and went up there to help. I got Mark settled in his bed, he was so tired that he waited to be tucked in while I located his Maddy and his pacie. CJ headed downstairs and I didn't mind since Mark seemed to be fine and ready to go back to sleep. When I got back downstairs CJ was waiting for me and asked for some water. We went to the kitchen, got the water and then I tucked him in the middle of the bed. Before I got in he rose up with his hands in the air, long sleeve batman top on of his choice, with just undies and said, "Mommy, can you please take this shirt off so I can be 'extra' cozy?" Some words are simply sweet sounding in the middle of the night:) I took it off and got in bed, he snuggled up to me with his arm around my neck and simply started snoring again. Its still nice to cuddle even as he gets older and I know once Mark and Peyton get to where they can sleep in a bed other than their own, they probably all join us from time to time and that's just ok with us as long as they have at least gone to sleep first in their own beds! Time just goes by way too fast:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed